- June 1st - 12th, 2020 - NFB BELL® Academy In-Home Edition Session 1 - Virtual Location
- June 22nd - July 3rd, 2020 - NFB BELL® Academy In-Home Edition Session 2 - Virtual Location
- July 14th - 18th, 2020 – 2020 NFB National Convention – Virtual Location
- July 27th - August 7th, 2020 - NFB BELL® Academy In-Home Edition Session 3 - Virtual Location
- November 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021 - 2021 NFB Scholarship Program - Nationwide
Blind and Deafblind Students Set to Take Advanced Placement Tests File Civil Rights Complaint Against College Board
The National Federation of the Blind is closely monitoring the COVID-19 emergency, which is changing everyone’s lives but has unique effects on blind people. The health and safety of all of our members, colleagues, and friends is always our top priority. Information on the NFB’s COVID-19 Resources page, www.nfb.org/resources/covid-19-resources, provides resources that may be particularly useful to blind people facing challenges during the emergency. If you have found other resources that you believe are useful, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the latest happenings with the NFB surrounding COVID-19, please visit www.nfb.org.
National Federation of the Blind COVID-19 Policy Relating to Public Events
Please give immediate attention to the policy directive from the Board of Directors of the National Federation of the Blind related to the immediate postponement of public meetings of the organization. You can read the policy directive and hear an emergency Presidential Release related to this matter at https://www.nfb.org/about-us/press-room/national-federation-blind-covid-19-policy-relating-public-events.
Latest NFB Presidential Release Transcript
To read the latest National Federation of the Blind Presidential Release transcript in English or Spanish, please visit www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases.
AIRA NFB Plans
There are now two Aira plans available to members of the National Federation of the Blind only.
- Thirty minutes a month for $20.00
- One hundred and forty minutes per month for $99.00 (This plan includes the Austria glasses, allows for minute sharing, permits purchasing additional non-expiring minutes if one is running short, and lets members get credit for referrals.)
Call an Aira agent (800-835-1934) to subscribe or visit the Aira website at https://aira.io/nfb.
We Need Your Help! Monitor Uber and Lyft Compliance with Service Animal Agreement
If you use Uber or Lyft and have a service animal or travel with someone who does, please complete our Uber and Lyft survey. For questions, contact the Rideshare Testing coordinator in your state or Valerie Yingling, legal program coordinator at the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, at 410-659-9314 extension 2440 or email@example.com.